This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant Experts
Welcome to the Colorado Blood Cancer Institute (CBCI) , a part of the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center. Our specially trained hematologists are committed to advancing science and care for patients with blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Having performed more than 3,000 transplants, Colorado Blood Cancer Institute is the largest and most experienced full-service blood and marrow (stem cell) transplant program in Colorado and among the top programs in the country. CBCI is accredited by the Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapies (FACT), the global standard for top quality patient care in cellular therapies. We work closely with our physician colleagues from New Mexico to Montana to provide patients with nationally recognized care and access to the most innovative clinical trials.
Registered Nurse (RN), FT Days
Colorado Blood Cancer Institute (CBCI)
• This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
• Within scope, the you will oversees and directs the care of the BMT or Hematology-Oncology patient.
• You are responsible for collaboration with all disciplines to provide well-coordinated patient care.
• You will demonstrates high-level knowledge and competence with respect to hematologic malignancies and administration of chemotherapy and biotherapy agents.
• You will appropriately manages side effects of treatment and engages the physician as appropriate.
• You’ll have a chance to provides patient and family education relative to the patient’s diagnosis and treatment process.
• The BMT Outpatient RN Clinician demonstrates collaboration, professionalism, and effective communication in all interactions with physicians, the administrative team, PSLMC employees, patients, caregivers and referral sources.
• The BMT Outpatient RN Clinician acts as an ambassador for the bone marrow transplant program when communicating with other healthcare professionals, payers, and the community.
• Training and Professional Development
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
About us: HCA- Click to learn more
• Founded in 1968 with the guiding mission of being committed to the care and improvement of human life.
• 240,000+ employees
• 250+ locations in 20 states and England
• A Top 100 Healthcare Provider –Fortune Magazine
• Named a World’s Most Ethical Company 9 years running
• HCA strengthens the communities we serve averaging 30,000+ volunteer hours annually along with millions of dollars in financial contributions.
INTRODUCING our harmonizing mission, vision, values and standards of behavior
The Continental Division of HCA has adopted a shared mission, vision, values and standards of behavior that brings out the best in us individually and collectively.
We offer these as principles for all of us to live by every day, use in all our decisions, and to guide our daily behavior.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
To bring extraordinary healing, to all human beings.
Integrity– Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Compassion – Be appreciative to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation.
Accountability - Take ownership for how actions impact outcomes.
Respect – Value others and accept diversity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse; BLS – Healthcare provider. ONS Chemotherapy Provider card with 9 months of hire.
B. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
C. Experience: One year of acute care experience required. Hematology-Oncology or BMT experience preferred.
D. Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills. Desire to provide compassionate, holistic care.
Degree of supervision required: Involves general guidance and direction by the BMT Clinic Manager, Clinical Nurse Coordinator and Charge Nurse. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.