At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible. The Medical Center of Aurora is Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn two-time Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital in Aurora, CO. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campus in Aurora and Centennial, CO, including the Main Campus, North Campus (Behavioral Health and Wellness Center), Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The main campus is a level II trauma Facility with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Certification accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor.
Highlights about The Medical Center of Aurora:
- Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
- Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora).
- Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza).
- Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospital Rankings.
- Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus.
- Level III NICU at our Main Campus.
- Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016.
- State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus.
- Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center.
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation.
- Affiliate of HealthONE, Denver’s largest healthcare system
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
- The Critical Care RN oversees and directs the care of the critically ill patient.
- The Critical Care RN is responsible for the care of open-heart surgery patients, patients with multisystem organ failure, patients requiring kidney and kidney and pancreas transplants and other patients meeting ICU admissions criteria.
- Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
- Current Colorado, Idaho, Utah or Compact Registered Nurse License Nurse; BLS and ACLS required upon hire.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred.
- EKG interpretation competency or course within the first 6 months of hire.
- Critical Care course or exam must be successfully completed within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum 6 months RN experience required.
- One-year experience in acute care preferred.
- Heart experience highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking skills.