DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Swedish Medical Center – Englewood, Colorado
Position: The Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department
Shift: FT Weekend Days, 7:00am - 7:00pm, Saturday, Sunday & Monday
**Generous Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Bonus available for experienced nurse**
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology. Additional information about the hospital is available at.
· Must have a current Colorado Registered Nurse License (may work on a current RN compact license for the first 180 days of employment).
· Current BLS, ACLS certifications through American Heart Association, TNCC or TNS, and ENPC or PALS through American Heart Association required at time of hire.
· Graduate of a certified School of Nursing.
· Able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice. Experience
· requirements are specific to positions and departments as appropriate. Minimum of 1 year Critical Care or Emergency Department experience preferred.
· Demonstrates good organizational skills.
· Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Values & Standards of Nursing Practice at SMC.
· Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
· Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.