SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
The Special Procedures Tech performs specialized and complex radiographic procedures including invasive neuro, vascular and interventional procedures. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepares reagents.
- Positions patients and adjusts immobilization devices.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses concerns.
- Moves x-ray equipment into specified position and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors such as time and distance.
- Operates mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency department, or at patient's bedside.
- Takes pictures and processes film.
- Administers and records isotope dosage.
- Scrubs and assists Radiologists in surgical setting.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows radiation safety techniques in use and disposal of radioactive materials.
- Provides safe environment for administering of contrast material.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiography.
- ARRT (R)(VI) or (CV) certification required.
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
- Minimum two years working as an Imaging Tech.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.