SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible. The Medical Center of Aurora is Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn two-time Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and is a 346-bed acute care hospital in Aurora, CO. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campus in Aurora and Centennial, CO, including the Main Campus, North Campus (Behavioral Health and Wellness Center), Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The main campus is a level II trauma Facility with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Certification accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor.
Highlights about The Medical Center of Aurora:
- Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence.
- Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora).
- Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza).
- Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospital Rankings.
- Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus.
- Level III NICU at our Main Campus.
- Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016.
- State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus.
- Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center.
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation.
- Affiliate of HealthONE, Denver’s largest healthcare system
- This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Qualifications Position Requirements: Licensure/Certification/Registration:
ASCP, HEW or AMT required. ASCP is the preferred certification. New graduates must complete ASCP Certification within 6 months of hire. Continued employment will be based on valid certification.
A college graduate or equivalent who has passed a certification examination for Medical Technologist by ASCP, HEW or AMT or the successful completion of an accredited MLT program, with ASCP Board Certification is also accepted.
Experience in a hospital laboratory is desired but not necessary.
Works as a Medical Technologist by integrating current scientific knowledge with technical competency, which relate to the Laboratory Department. The Medical Technologist shall be technically current and theoretically knowledgeable of instrumentation and test methodologies. Demonstrates knowledge and responsibility for the ongoing QC, QA and Process Improvement. The medical technologist will be competent in age-related Laboratory values and communication skills.