Surgical Tech C.A.R.E. Division Float Pool
Leading hospitals. Trusted care.
HealthONE® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees.
As part of the HealthONE family, The Medical Center of Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital work together to provide a higher level of care.
In addition, our family of services includes six hospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgery centers, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region.
HealthOne is currently looking for a Surgical Tech in our C.A.R.E. Division wide Float Pool – PRN available; mixed shifts.
Premium top pay!!!
General Statement of Duties: Under the direction of a Registered Nurse contributes to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice that may include: direct patient care and observation; scrubbing and assisting surgeon at the operative field; surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record; and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
C.A.R.E Pool Surgical Tech’s are required to work the following:
Hours per Pay Period: Tier III (Specialty technician): Minimum hours, weekend commitment, and demographic location determined by the group and POD in the HealthONE CARE pool Agreement.
Holiday Requirements: Tier III (Specialty technician) per diem: 1 Major or 1 minor holiday, and 1 difficult to staff day annually. Tier III benefited: 1 Major and 1 minor holiday, and 1 difficult to staff day annually.
HealthONE C.A.R.E Pool employees will be required to float to all HealthONE facilities within the chosen pod. C.A.R.E Pool employees will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies. C.A.R.E Pool employees can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
1. Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with AST (Association of Surgical Technologist) and other regulatory standards of practice.
2. Experienced in all aspects as aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases; pulling cases as needed; and breaking down cases at the end of the procedure.
3. Knowledgeable regarding instrumentation, equipment, and supply needs for all types of surgical procedures.
4. May come in contact with medications and therefore must demonstrate understanding of proper medication management and storage as well as maintaining a secure medication environment
5. Performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy