SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Rose Medical Center - Denver, Colorado
Well known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's "Baby Hospital" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. With origins in Jewish teachings, traditions and community, Rose's founders built the hospital to "serve the need of every creed." By offering a high level of expertise and service across all disciplines, Rose has truly become a destination hospital, attracting patients from throughout Colorado and around the world. Awards and Honors Rose is honored to be recognized by several national organizations, including being rated as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, one of six hospitals recognized nationwide for Outstanding Nursing Quality by the American Nurses Association and being a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Our Staff at Rose take great pride in hiring the best people to provide care for our patients and families.
The Registered Nurse demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of patients.
Each service also requires specialized skills.
The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety, and learning needs of the individual patients.
The usual patients admitted to the Intensive Care Units include, but are not limited to, those aged 14 and above who have undergone surgery and/or are in need of intensive monitoring and nursing practice.
The Registered Nurse may be asked to float to areas other than his/her assigned service area, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Rose Medical Center.
Perform Lab testing as assigned based on protocol of each test, documenting results and communicating criticals as defined.
Complete competency as required.
Follow lab testing safety guidelines, maintenance and QC completion/documentation, and proficiency testing as assigned. Follow "good lab practice" in testing and initiate
Corrective action as issues occur with test system or result. Educational records (diploma or transcript) are mandatory for staff performing non-waived testing.
- RN License in the State of Colorado.
- Compact license acceptable but must obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- ACLS certification (AHA) within 6 months of hire.
Education and Training:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- BSN is desirable.
- CCRN desirable
- Able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Prefer 1-2 years acute care and/or telemetry experience, however new graduates are considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe, appropriate, and age-specific patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at Rose Medical Center.
- Displays appropriate judgement, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.