SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Would you be interested in working for a premier hospital that is fast becoming the largest women’s hospital in the state of Colorado, including the largest birth center?
• Offering high quality OB care and Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) programs
• Using the latest robotic technology for gyn procedures
• Securing Breast Center Accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
• Partnering with Sally Jobe Breast Center
• Affiliating with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children to offer the highest level of care to our littlest patients
• Ranking among the top 10 in patient satisfaction among 160 HCA hospitals nationwide.
• Sky Ridge Medical Center was named one of the nation’s 20 most beautiful hospitals in an annual survey conducted
by health-care staffing company Soliant Health.
• Offering exceptional amenities such a pull-out beds so loved ones may spend the night, room service food service,
patient and family concierge service, surgical patient tracker systems to keep families better informed, on-line patient
registration, free internet access and a beautiful Healing Garden to name a few.
Minimum two years RN Labor and Delivery preferred.
The Labor and Delivery RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring.
- Manages the patient's pain including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration management.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current RN license.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS, and NRP.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.