SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
North Suburban Emergency Room
The North Suburban ER is location on our main campus at 9191 Grant Street in Thornton, CO within the North Suburban Medical Center. Our emergency room offers award-winning emergency care for our community.
North Suburban Medical Center’s ER also offers:
- Board-certified emergency doctors
- Experienced emergency room nurses with decades of combined experience
- On-call specialists for life-threatening injuries and illnesses
- Rapid response programs, including cardiac aleart and stroke alert
- Airlife helicopter ready to transport stable patients from North Suburban Medical Center who need a Level I Trauma Center at a moment’s notice
- State-of-the art diagnostic equipment
- Short ER wait times that are lower than the national average
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the unit’s Director or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado (May work with a current RN compact license from another state for the 1st 180 days of employment).. Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC required. ENPC preferred.
Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
Experience: Minimum of two years as a staff nurse in related area of acute care nursing. Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- Able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- Able to plan and provide for delivery of nursing services.
Ability to makes decisions regarding activities within designated areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the leadership team.
Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, cognitive and critical thinking skills and leadership capabilities.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks