SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Just 10 minutes north of Denver
North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations.
At North Suburban Medical Center, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients & our people. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options & a people-focused culture?
You've come to the right place. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest & most compassionate way. We’re proud of our focus on quality & patient safety. We were named the first hospital in Colorado to receive Joint Commission's Sepsis Certification. This is one of many distinctions that set us apart from other hospitals in the area.
This position reflects advanced experience and expertise in the area of respiratory therapy. Staff functioning in this role will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development and professional initiatives. The respiratory therapist II will demonstrate the following:
1. Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients. Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
2. Treatment in compliance with the Hospital and Respiratory Therapy Service Policies and Procedures.
3. Support of the Hospital and Department at all times and participates in the Department and Hospital Performance Improvement efforts.
4. Responsibility for maintaining and improving respiratory therapy knowledge and skills.
5. Good judgment and the ability to function independently and posses evaluation and decision making skills.
Current Colorado State Respiratory License
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Membership in professional organization (AARC, NBRC) preferred
Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Respiratory Therapy Program
Minimum: 1 year acute / critical care experience or related experience
Preferred: 2-3 years acute / critical care experience or related experience
1. Works cooperatively with the entire healthcare team.
2. Demonstrates competency in all aspects of Cardiopulmonary Care.
3. Responsible for performing accurate equipment rounds, ordering all respiration equipment, caring and cleaning of all equipment.
4. Evaluates and treats patients referred for respiratory therapy services by a licensed physician according to Medicare and JCAHO guidelines for practice.
5. Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians and other hospital personnel.
6. Practices safety measures in all patients care duties.
7. Accurately and completely documents findings, treatment planning, goals, education of patients/ families, discharge planning.
8. Patients may include individuals of ages from pediatric, adolescent and adult to geriatric. Adjusts assessment and treatment based upon the age of the patient.
9. Identifies the educational needs of the patient/family, determines the appropriate interventions, promotes patient participation and establishes realistic outcomes that are re-evaluated on an ongoing basis.
10. Administers treatment modalities and procedures in a safe and effective manner, based on the physician’s prescription and the respiratory therapist professional judgment in an accurate, safe and timely manner.
11. Participates in functional improvement team, hospital and department inservices and other educational activities that help improve the goals and standards of care.
12. Recognizes behavior or attitudes that interfere with effective team performance and initiates measures to resolve conflicts that disrupt high quality patient care.
13. Adheres to Infection Control/Standard Precautions while performing all duties.
14. Demonstrates proficiency and working knowledge of all department equipment.
15. Adheres to policies and procedures regarding patient rights.
16. Follows all Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures.
17. Maintains good attendance, as well as displays professional conduct and dress at all times.
18. Demonstrates understanding of Hospital and Department safety and emergency procedures.
19. Demonstrates competency for all standards on the performance appraisal.
20. Performs additional duties as assigned.
III. Degree of Supervision Required:
Minimal: Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative, in compliance with policies, practices and procedures prescribed by immediate supervisor.
IV. Orientation Period:
Up to one month orientation to department specific policies and procedure
Probationary period is 90 days