SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At North Suburban Medical Center, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients & our people. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options & a people-focused culture?
You've come to the right place. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest & most compassionate way. We’re proud of our focus on quality & patient safety.
Why Choose North Suburban?
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2018
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for 4 years in a row – only 1 of 2 in Colorado hospitals to achieve this recognition the last four years
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an “A”) on the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety score for 5 straight quarters
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• First hospital in Colorado to become Sepsis Accredited in the fall of 2016
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the “Excellence in Patient Care” award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
The Staff Registered Nurse, PACU, and Pre Op must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for his/her patients, and may function in the role of charge nurse. PACU/Pre Op requires specialized skills and/or serves specific age groups, which may include adult, adolescent, geriatric, or pediatric populations. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based in the physical, psychological, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. The Staff Registered Nurse, PACU/Pre Op, will perform only those duties for he/she has demonstrated competency. The Staff Registered Nurse, PACU/Pre Op, performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at NSMC. The Staff Registered Nurse, PACU/Pre Op displays positive support for NSMC as well as the entire Health One Organization.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Colorado RN license, BCLS and ACLS & PALS certification required.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN desirable.
Experience: 1-2 years PACU experience desirable; able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice. Adheres to departmental patient safety initiatives and displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.