SHIFT: Weekends Only
Under the general supervision of the unit’s director or designee the CNC assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty
Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- RN License in the State of Colorado. Compact license acceptable but must obtain Colorado RN License within 180 days of hire.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association and ACLS required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred.
- Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership competency.
- Commitment and understanding of staffing matrix/productivity standard.
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives and positive patient experience.