SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Job Title : Emergency Room Registered Nurse
Hospital : North Suburban Medical Center
9191 Grant Street Thornton, CO 80229 www.northsuburban.com
OUR EMERGENCY SERVICE LINES:
• Level III Trauma Center, survey for Level II in 2018
• Top performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission each of the last four years
• Joint Commission Certification in Primary Stroke Care
• Joint Commission Certification in Sepsis Care
• Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Center accreditation
• Pediatric ER staffed with Pediatric ER nurses and board-certified pediatricians
Why Choose to be an Emergency Room Nurse at our Hospital :
• Closely connected to the EMS community which allows for more physician interactions with patients for ongoing learning experiences
• Professional Development opportunities including a $5,250 tuition reimbursement per year .
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN Colorado , will accept compact RN state License
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS Certification through the AHA
- TNCC and PALS
- 2 years current ED experience as an RN
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.