DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible.
World Class, Patient-Centered Care
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive two-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is an acute care hospital with specialization in cardiovascular services, neurosciences, surgery, orthopedics and women’s services. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of four campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health facility, Centennial Medical Plaza and Saddle Rock ER.
The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor. Licensed for 346 beds, The Medical Center of Aurora was recognized as the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015), and was one of only nine hospitals in the country to receive the Lantern Award for Excellence in Emergency Room Care by the Emergency Nurses Association (2013).
What you can expect from being an Oncology Nurse at The Medical Center of Aurora:
Registered Nurse – Med/Surg and Oncology
This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
• You will oversees and directs the care of the patient with hematologic/oncologic diagnosis. As an RN you are responsible for the care of medical and surgical patients.
• Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• You will also oversee and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
• Within the first year the RN will have gained basic clinical knowledge and skills of caring for hematology/oncology patients.
• When the need arises, you will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
• Training and Professional Development
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
About us: HCA- Click to learn more
• Founded in 1968 with the guiding mission of being committed to the care and improvement of human life.
• 240,000+ employees
• 250+ locations in 20 states and England
• A Top 100 Healthcare Provider –Fortune Magazine
• Named a World’s Most Ethical Company 9 years running
• HCA strengthens the communities we serve averaging 30,000+ volunteer hours annually along with millions of dollars in financial contributions.
INTRODUCING our harmonizing mission, vision, values and standards of behavior
The Continental Division of HCA has adopted a shared mission, vision, values and standards of behavior that brings out the best in us individually and collectively.
We offer these as principles for all of us to live by every day, use in all our decisions, and to guide our daily behavior.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
To bring extraordinary healing, to all human beings.
Integrity– Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Compassion – Be appreciative to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation.
Accountability - Take ownership for how actions impact outcomes.
Respect – Value others and accept diversity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse; BLS – Healthcare provider. ONS chemotherapy provider card required within the first 18 months of hire.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred.
Experience: One year experience in acute care preferred.
Special Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills. Chemotherapy Certification preferred.