SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Spalding Rehabilitation has been in the business of Rebuilding Lives and Renewing Hope for more than 65 years. A 100 bed-licensed rehabilitation hospital, Spalding specializes in treatment of conditions such as: Stroke, Brain injury, Amputations, Orthopedic injuries, Neurologic conditions and other disabling injuries or medical conditions.
- The rehabilitation staff nurse assists clients in adapting to an alternative lifestyle, while providing a therapeutic environment for patients’ and their families’ development.
- The rehabilitation staff nurse designs and implements treatment strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory related to self-care and that promote physical, psychosocial, and spiritual health.
- The rehabilitation staff nurse works in inpatient and outpatient settings and in acute and subacute settings.
- Current Colorado RN license
- Current BCLS certification.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Rehabilitation, Ortho, Neuro, or TCU experience preferred.
- 1-3 years medical-surgical experience preferred.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner, at times urgent manner, with staff, patients, public, physicians and administration.
- Effective computer skill to input accurate, timely patient data and also access patient data.
- Analytical skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care delivered.
- Customer service skills, team process skills.
- Delegation skills to deliver safe patient care utilizing ancillary nursing staff. Critical thinking skills that prioritize unit and patient needs.
- Time management skills to effectively manage an ever changing patient care environment.