DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
The rehabilitation staff nurse assists clients in adapting to an alternative lifestyle, while providing a therapeutic environment for patients’ and their families’ development. The rehabilitation staff nurse designs and implements treatment strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory related to self-care and that promote physical, psychosocial, and spiritual health. The rehabilitation staff nurse works in inpatient and outpatient settings and in acute and subacute settings.
- Current Colorado RN license, Compact license acceptable but must obtain CO RN license within 180 days of hire.
- BCLS certification through the American Heart Association.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Rehabilitation, Ortho, Neuro, or TCU experience preferred. 1-3 years medical-surgical experience preferred.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner, at times urgent manner, with staff, patients, public, physicians and administration.
- Effective computer skill to input accurate, timely patient data and also access patient data.
- Analytical skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care delivered.
- Customer service skills, team process skills.
- Delegation skills to deliver safe patient care utilizing ancillary nursing staff.
- Critical thinking skills that prioritize unit and patient needs.
- Time management skills to effectively manage an ever changing patient care environment.