SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
As Colorado’s first licensed acute rehabilitation hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital is the region’s premier facility for an expansive range of physical and cognitive rehabilitation needs. Spalding has served the greater Denver area for more than 50 years, and has two convenient locations
that specialize in stroke, traumatic brain injury, neurological, orthopedic, spine and amputee rehabilitation.
Our devoted rehabilitation team helps patients return to their functional lifestyles through individually designed programs. We enable patients to reach their goals through rehabilitation programs
not only crafted specifically to individual patient needs, but also administered by some of the most highly skilled and trained providers in the Rocky Mountain region.
- The rehabilitation staff nurse assists clients in adapting to an alternative lifestyle, while providing a therapeutic environment for patients’ and their families’ development.
- The rehabilitation staff nurse designs and implements treatment strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory related to self-care and that promote physical, psychosocial, and spiritual health.
- The rehabilitation staff nurse works in inpatient and outpatient settings and in acute and subacute settings.
- Current Colorado RN license, Compact license acceptable but must obtain CO RN license within 180 days of hire.
- BCLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner, at times urgent manner, with staff, patients, public, physicians and administration.
- Effective computer skill to input accurate, timely patient data and also access patient data.
- Analytical skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care delivered.
- Customer service skills, team process skills.
- Delegation skills to deliver safe patient care utilizing ancillary nursing staff.
- Critical thinking skills that prioritize unit and patient needs.
- Time management skills to effectively manage an ever changing patient care environment
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Rehabilitation, Ortho, Neuro, or TCU experience preferred.
- 1-3 years medical-surgical experience preferred.