SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Family Birth Center
Labor/Delivery/Recovery/Postpartum - LDRP Model
How would you like to be working in a job that you love as a member of a highly skilled and talented Women’s Services team with a top-notch healthcare system?
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, Take Your Career to Swedish.
As one of south metro Denver's most respected healthcare institutions, for more than 100 years, Swedish Medical Center is where exceptional professionals have come to provide excellent patient care. Located in Englewood, Colorado, this internationally recognized 368-bed acute-care facility is an eight time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award, a Top 100 Hospital recognized by Reuters, and boasts eight distinctive Centers of Excellence which includes Women and Children’s.
As a staff member, you will enjoy the warm, community-care setting that makes care more personal...and your career infinitely more satisfying. Rediscover the reasons you chose healthcare as your career. We are waiting for you at Swedish.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator provides leadership through
the collaboration of the Director/Designee through planning, organizing,
coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for patients. The delivery of care is based on criteria
that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural,
safety and learning needs of the individual patients. Responsibilities include
but are not limited to: fiscal, human
resource, and operational functions.
Clinical Nurse Coordinator performs delegated duties consistent with the scope
of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Swedish
Medical Center and displays positive support for the overall goals, values and
mission of Swedish Medical Center.
Current Colorado Registered Nurse License.
Current BCLS through AHA and NRP.
Bachelor Science Nursing or actively pursuing with completion within 3
years of hire required. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Minimum of 2 years clinical RN experience required. Two years progressive supervisory or charge nurse
experience preferred. Able to articulate
and demonstrate knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- Demonstrates the ability to have direct patient care and charge nurse
responsibilities. Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to
maintain constructive relationships in all interactions. Adheres to all
departmental safety initiatives. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and
written manners. Participates in counseling and guidance of personnel. Ability to assume leadership role with the
health team in planning and delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrated competence with patient care information systems.
- Strong planning, analytical and written skills.
- Ability to utilize and coach others in the nursing process.
- Ability to utilize database, spreadsheet, word processing to conduct
analysis of statistical reports.
- Ability to educate, coach and mentor staff using adult learning
Responsibilities & Job Knowledge:
- Meets the expectations and assumes
accountability for all on-going job responsibilities. Balances unexpected tasks
while performing on-going responsibilities under ordinary direction and minimal
supervision. Current and proficient on job-related knowledge, skills, and industry
changes. Demonstrates understanding of
job relative to Hospital Operations.
- Identifies and effectively assists in
implementation of strategic plans.
Actively participates in department and hospital strategic planning and
effectively implements new programs and services.
- Maintains an effective competency and staff
- Responsible for day-to-day operations such as:
processing payroll, managing department expenses, participating on hospital
committees, processing employee evaluations, managing personnel issues. Does so in an effective and timely manner in
order to meet the needs of the department and organization.
- Maintains a departmental staffing plan that
meets the needs of the customer and is responsive to the changing census.
- Ensures compliance with TJC standards;
federal, state and local regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates hospital needs and expectations
as well as pertinent information to staff in a timely manner
- Assures an appropriate skill mix and staffing
levels in accordance with volume demands.
- Creates/fosters a positive environment; leads
by example and by holding staff accountable for their behaviors and attitudes
(compassionate, professional, communicative).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Implements all measures to insure patient
safety including but not limited to:
- Understands Fall Policy and Core Measures and assures
implementation of appropriate measures/precautions
- Discusses safety precautions with patients and
- Understands Medication Safety Procedures and
assures implementation of safe medication administration practices.
- Consistently, accurately, and completely
performs all job responsibilities. Efficiently demonstrates cost consciousness
by organizing work processes within established deadlines, and using supplies,
equipment, and time according to budgetary guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cost factors in the
routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements resource
- Executes job duties to achieve optimal
productivity and efficiency.
- Maintains staffing patterns/numbers according
to patient acuity, case load and in compliance with hospital policy.
- Assumes accountability for identifying
problems and issues, generating solutions, and anticipating effects of
- Analyzes systems and recommends appropriate
system changes that enhance healthcare services and delivery.
- Is receptive to change or new ways of doing
- Exercises professional judgment when
addressing problems as evidenced by a satisfactory resolution (approaches
problem with systematic and critical thinking, utilizes appropriate resources,
maintains a positive attitude, involves leadership when needed).
- Effectively responds to issues/problems
pertinent to departmental services that effectively meet the needs of the
customers and staff.
- Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff
to maximize performance and growth.
- Provides supervision, leadership, and
direction to staff in a manner that fosters a positive, productive work
- Provides opportunities for and supports staff
- Assures the qualifications and competence of
departmental staff through validation of licenses, certification, education,
training and competencies.
- Displays the ability to be perceptive and
sensitive to the needs of the group that are being supervised.
- Available to meet with employees to discuss
- Holds regular staff meetings
- Encourages staff to utilize the chain of
command to resolve problems.
- Interview applicants for staff positions and
makes recommendations to Director/Designee.
- Counsels, coaches and mentors personnel
concerning performance and behavior.
Addresses staff problems in a professional and timely manner. Appropriately involves Director/Designee
- Manages departmental employees in a fair,
competent manner thereby promoting high employee morale. Is responsive to employee input/concerns. Encourages employee participation in decision-making
and recognition of employee achievements.
- Completes written performance evaluations on
all assigned personnel by evaluation date.
- Ensures that new employees are adequately
oriented and socialized to the department to facilitate employee satisfaction
and retention of staff.
- Seeks out opportunities for ongoing personal
and professional development.
- Is accountable for fair, consistent
application and adherence to policies and procedures.